Wednesday 10 June 2015

Reborn Baby Create It: Baby Formula

Reborn Baby Create It: Baby Formula
I’ve seen so many reborn baby formulas and seen just how expensive they are to buy. I didn’t want to buy glue and do the suggested method and therefore I wanted to make a realistic baby bottle without such hassle and mess, at my first attempt I was successful and very pleased of the outcome. You can find the ingredients at home already I am sure.



BTW: Originally I used baby shower bottles that is what is in the picture but they leak so I don’t recommend them, I’ve also included pictures of the real baby bottleu.

You will need:

X1 real baby bottle Plastic is better then glass just in case you may drop it (Screw lid) I got mine for $2 get a small size bottle.
X1 teat (hopefully supplied when you bought it, doesn’t matter what age the teat is for you need to seal the teat anyway)

Ingredients:
Liquid dish washing soap
Crème Cleanser
Washing Powder
Water
Silicone clear or white or gap filler or tiling silicone white or clear basically whatever you use

I didn’t measure when I made it I just added and shook and hoped it turn out.

Crème cleanser is what I think really makes the formula it sinks to the bottom and when shaken it turns back into thick water, by getting a real baby bottle you can top up anytime.
The dish-washing soap makes the bottles and looks very realistic,
The washing powder is just an extra that settles to the bottom as well after a while.

The good thing about it is if it does leak (which it shouldn’t after you read the below bit on how to seal the teat) that it’s not harmful and should not harm anything, as it is washable.

You need to silicone the teat from the inside, make sure the teat is clean and dry before hand, put in enough silicone to fill the teat but not all the way so that the formula looks like it is going to the teat, leave the teat for 24 hours to up to one week, to dry don’t squish the teat in anyway as you want it to be leak proof, with no air holes or gaps during the time it is drying!

Once you have left the teat to dry for a good time do pinch and tip the teat upside down to detect if there is a leak early, putting a fair bit of silicone and leaving for a long time should do the trick long term. Because the teat is a slippery surface you must be careful and make sure that the silicone sticks to the teat. You won’t will know till it is fully dry and hard. You may have some try out and error like I have until it is perfectly sealed.

Like I mentioned after a while the dishwashing soap, crème cleanser and washing powder will sink to the bottom (That is totally normal) shake before displaying and pretending to use. Even when it is settled it looks realistic.




Pic 1:

Left is not shaken from last night, right hasn’t been shaken for a few days (been allowed to settle)

Pic 2: recently shaken on the right not shaken on the left

Pic 3: Top view of the bottles (Baby shower bottles with sealed top)


Pic 4, 5 & 6: Newborn baby bottle (teat not sealed)
















No comments:

Post a Comment